Answered

I just want my speakers to play music. Is that so Wrong?

• 19 March 2021
  • 3 replies

MacBook Pro with version 11.2.3 (20D91) throws the following error, when I try to update my music library on the Sonos desktop app:

Unable to add the shared folder “//<my computer name>/Music” to your  Music Library (1001).

When I search for solutions online, I find tons of people with the same problem, and no one posting a solution, other than to contact Sonos Support, which, obviously, is not a solution.

When Sonos decided to stop allowing customers to play music from their phones, it was a big disappointment, and, to me, a violation of the promise they made as a HARDWARE company.

Now they also refuse to allow me to play music from my laptop? Is this by design?  Or do Sonos engineers simply not test their software on Macs?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 March 2021, 06:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Under System Preferences > Sharing, do you have any of the items checked on the left column? Have you added your Music folder in the Shared Folders?

That solved it.  Thank you.

And I had to log in to send you this message.

Sonos needs to make software development a bigger priority if they want to pivot to being a software company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@super-safe Was your problem (solved by stetting the right system preferences on your Apple computer if I read your message right) caused by Sonos?

This is a user forum. To me it is not strange that you need to log in to a forum.