Question

I have all the kit (Mesh Wifi system and Boost) and fast stable wifi but Spotify still breaks up but only seemingly in the morning. bored of this!

• 3 October 2019
  • 5 replies

I have all the kit (Mesh Wifi system TP Link Deco and Sonos Boost wired in) and fast stable wifi but Spotify still breaks up but only seemingly in the morning. bored of this! Has seemingly got worse since I bought the expensive kit to try and resolve the issue which I’ve always had

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
To make it clear, when you submit a diagnostic it goes to a Sonos server and sits there, nothing more. To have it looked at you must contact Sonos with a description of the issue and the diagnostic number. The 24x7 direct contact options might be faster than the forums and less hassle than calling in, all are on the contact page.
Thanks. I’ll give all those suggestions a try but have submitted a diagnostic as well.
To ensure your Sonos Diagnostic is checked I would contact Sonos Customer Care using this LINK.
Thanks. I’ll give all those suggestions a try but have submitted a diagnostic as well.
Brianwealthall,

If it’s at all possible, I would put the TP Link Deco main router and all it’s hubs on the same fixed 2.4ghz WiFi channel, say channel 6 for example and then connect the Boost to the main Deco router and set that at least 5 channels away on either Channel 1 or 11.

As the Sonos system is operating in wired Boost mode, I would also check and if necessary remove any existing WiFi credentials stored in the Sonos App under “Settings/System/Networks/Wireless Setup”.

And optionally, for even more added network stability, I would choose to add all my Sonos devices IP addresses to the Deco subnet DHCP Reservation Table.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The best way to troubeshoot these types of issues is to submit a diagnostic and post it here for Sonos staff to see, or contact them directly with the number. They can look at it and usually get a clue as to what's going on in your network.