Question

I have a Play 5 and two Sonos 1's and I've moved them and now nothing works. I've tried resetting the app on my phone to reconnect but it doesn't recognize any of the components. Help!

• 17 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a play 5 and two Sonos 1s and I moved them in the house.  The app then wouldn’t work and I’ve tried to reconnect them, reset the app and now the app doesn’t recognize anything.  Help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @E_Jessup

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern.

To help you out with this, allow me to ask a few questions to isolate the issue.

• Are you getting an error message when you connect to your Sonos system? What's the error message?
  • Is your mobile device connected to the same network as your Sonos?
  • Have you tried using another mobile device to connect to your Sonos?
  • How far are your speakers from the router?
  • Have you tried forgetting the WiFi network on your mobile device and reconnect?
  • Have you tried to force close the Sonos app and re-open it to refresh the connection.

If you're still unable to connect, hardwire one of your Sonos speakers to your router and check if you will be able to connect to your Sonos system.

If your mobile device still can't connect to your Sonos, I recommend contacting our phone support team to look into this. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.