i cant control my playbar with my samsung remote

• 14 June 2014
  • 2 replies

I have a Samsung UE40B8000 the playbar is working fine but I cant adjust the volume through the remote. I have switched off the internal speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Steve,

You'll want to make sure the remote control IR codes are properly registered on your PLAYBAR. Go to Room Settings > PLAYBAR > TV Settings and remove then add the remote commands back in.

You can also do this with the TV turned off to make sure there isn't any interference on the IR signals.If you're still having trouble, can you please submit a diagnostic from your system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Thanks
I have a Samsung UE40B8000 the playbar is working fine but I cant adjust the volume through the remote. I have switched off the internal speakers.

Steve, I have the same TV (and 1st name) and am planning to get a player, did you ever get the volume control working well?

Regards

Steve