Answered

I am unable to connect to my Sonos Speaker.

• 25 August 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I am unable to connect to my Sono Speaker.

It loops asking to log back in and eventually it cannot find any device. 

any idea?

I find ridicolous a simple systems is so complicated to set up.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 August 2022, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Umbi 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There are no products registered to your email - I’m assuming this your first Sonos product, and the first time you are trying to set it up. I can see that you have got a far as verifying your email, and you’re able to log in and post here so it seems unlikely that there’s a problem with your account or it’s password.

Does your Sonos device show a flashing green light about a minute after applying power? If not, it is not prepared to be set-up, in which case you’ll need to factory reset the device prior to set-up. This is quite likely if you have purchased second-hand, but still possible if you have purchased from a store.

Please also ensure that the device you have the Sonos app installed on meets our Sonos app requirements - if it doesn’t, you will likely still be able to control your Sonos system from it, but not configure or set-up the system using it.

Unfortunately, a simple setup process can be made very difficult if your WiFi router isn’t quite doing everything it should. So, if the above conditions are met and you still have trouble, I recommend you turn your router off for at least 30 seconds (make sure no-one is on Netflix, playing X-Box, working, or similar, first) and wait 3~4 minutes for WiFi to return before trying again. On a similar tack, WiFi boosters and extenders are unsupported, precisely because they can induce this kind of behaviour - If you have any, please try again with them turned off.

If none of this helps, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will be in a better position to ascertain exactly what the problem is and assist you through the process, step by step.

I hope this helps.