Answered

Hue Sync Box, Apple TV & Remote, Playbar

• 1 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi.

I’ve been a long time Sonos+Apple TV user  and recently threw a Hue Sync box into the mix. 

My original setup was:

Apple TV HDMI out to Vizio TV HDMI 4K 60 In > Vizio TV Optical Out to Playbar Optical In.

With this setup, I can control the Sonos volume using the Apple TV gen 1 and gen 2 remotes without issue. It even works with the Apple TV Software remote on iPhone and iPad.

When I introduce the Hue Sync box, I lose the volume control, and the audio/video/lights work as expected. The only thing that doesn’t work is the volume function on the Apple TV remote.

The current/new connection path is:

Apple TV HDMI Out to Hue Sync Box input 4 > Hue Sync Box HDMI Out to Visio HDMI 4K 60 In > Vizio Optical Out to Playbar Optical in. 

Based another post with input from Hue Support, the recommended connection is just like I have it:

Sources > Sync Box> TV > Receiver/Soundbar? (Arc bypass needs to be disabled) (Music mode always works)

See this post for details: 

Has any one else seen this issue or have any idea how I might be able to fix it? 

Thanks,

//SWH

icon

Best answer by goswh 1 July 2021, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Answered my own question…

The TV and Apple TV and Sonos are all set up to allow external remote controls. The Hie Sync Box needs to have “Enable ARC Bypass” turned on. 

Now the Apple TV remote works and the lights still sync with the content.

Hope this helps someone else.