Answered

How to stop crackle/ static on sound bar

Can someone tell me how to stop the crackle/ static noise on my sound bar hooked up optically in front of LG C7P? Seems like a lot of people having this problem and theres no fix. diagnostic #8262397 .
icon

Best answer by Keith N 11 April 2018, 19:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

73 replies

Have you pinged LG to see when the firmware update will be? I wouldn't think Sonos has significantly more weight with LG than you do, and perhaps less, since they're a direct competitor to LG's own sound bar. You may carry more weight as someone who actually purchased the device.
Badge
Have you pinged LG to see when the firmware update will be? I wouldn't think Sonos has significantly more weight with LG than you do, and perhaps less, since they're a direct competitor to LG's own sound bar. You may carry more weight as someone who actually purchased the device.

No, I bought a pretty expensive piece of equipment from Sonos and like any consumer expect them to support it as advertised. There is nothing in their advertising that says "Don't buy me if your using an LG OLED because we don't work with it", unless I missed it. They know about the issue, been told in my tickets that they are working on it and escalating. What they do is close my tickets out of the blue with no explanation. Love the product, would like some truth around the matter even if its "we won't be able to fix it, use PCM sorry".
Hi I’m also having this experience with my LG C8. I previously had a B6 and everything was fine for over a year then my screen suddenly packed in and I needed it to be replaced so I went for the B8. The B8 started making the cracklong/static noise on the first day of purchase and after a week I decided to send the TV back and swap it for a C8 and now on the first day cracklong/Staic noise again! I’m troubled by how far back this issue seems to have been going without a fix and now wonder if there even is a fix coming? I submitted a Diagnostic report (970120894) for the B8 and after a bit of back and forth was also advised to use PCM but this really isn’t a solution as it renders my two play ones kind of redundant. Look forward to hearing any positive feedback you may have.
Another diagnostic report 1726732051. I’m just wondering if this is a place for members of staff/technical support to helpfully pitch in with suggestions/ideas or just a place for people to vent? If it’s the latter that’s a shame as people have spent thousands of pounds on these products and clearly Sonos don’t seem to care about any sort of customer satisfaction!!
Any news on this subject? The problem is definitely linked to the surround setting.
I called Sonos support which clearly stated they cannot help me with this problem and will raise this issue to technical support. Looking at previous posts, it seems Sonos have been doing this for more than 1 year... I'm really disappointed.
Where are we at with this? I had an LG E6 with no issues, now my E8 does it every day.

Diag: 1828548474
Whats the update on this? I just bought an LG OLED and to my shock now I have to deal with expensive cracking Sonos speakers randomly.
Same crackling issue here. Sound bar Sony tv and 2play 3. 1828001640.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Same issue, static crackle a few seconds, mostly when signal is changing from/to HDR.
Sonos 5.1 and Phillips POS9002/12 TV
Hey everyone. Same static problem here coming from my Sonos Soundbar. TV LG 65” B7A.
Happen while im playing ps4 HDR games and watching TV (Verizon Fios)

Diagnostics number : 1364668661
I'm having the same issue I have a LG oled B7A any fix yet?
Any news on this issue? I have the same crackling noise problem with my playbar and LG TV (C7). The problem doesn’t seem to be with LG products as others have the same problem with Philips and Sony TVs. Really annoying that Sonos hasn’t fixed this yet after almost a year!
Badge
Been having this issue (CRACKLING AUDIO from Playbar & LG OLED TV) for months. Living room group: LG OLED TV, Playbar, Sub, 2x Ones. Tried 3 brand new optical cable, PCM only from all my devices (TiVo, PS4), numerous diagnostics (latest diagnostic 66063024), customer service call (current ticket 00345890). When I called, rep Nicholas M. confirmed it's a known issue and advised to set all devices to PCM (Nicholas somewhat ascribed the problem to the different devices connected to the Playbar switching between various audio outputs/codecs funneled all through the TV--I'd argue that handling and executing changing I/O from various audio channels is exactly the default expectation of a consumer of Sonos/higher end audio equipment). Problem still occurs. Emailed SONOS twice using the original ticket and have had no responses. Very expensive set-up that doesn't provide a decent audio experience--not yet at least. Please, SONOS, either update firmware (so that the device doesn't have gaps in compatibility with other gigantic OEMs), or offer to repair/replace my Playbar.

NOTE: I have a Beam and 2x Play:1s for my bedroom set up that is connected to a LG OLED TV (along with a TiVo, an older PS4, a Chromecast and ext. laptop--switching between all) and I have not experienced any CRACKLING what-so-ever with this group. 😠
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Anny resolution for this isseu
Badge
UPDATE: Sonos replaced my Playbar (yet to receive a confirmation that they received back my original Playbar, though it has been signed for at the return destination).

Using new Playbar and new optical cable the crackling PERSISTS.

I'm so disappointed!

When my Sonos system works, I'm pretty content/satisfied--but when it doesn't I feel terrible for wasting resources on a product that degrades my experience so much. Like I said in my earlier post, I have another Sonos setup in my bedroom using a Beam and 2x Play: 1s, which sounds pretty good, but I can't really use a Beam in my living room as I have some concerns about it being sufficient as well as some reservations about using the HDMI connection required by the Beam (I say no thanks to the included HDMI to optical dongle). I'm also not sold on the Playbase, but I might need to go that route if Sonos is unable to fix this PCM/Dolby audio codec issue through an update.

😞
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Same with mine got it replaced did not help either gutted
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sonos replicated the problem. Have email for proof. But now I do not get any reply on my on going case. Good support Sonos had no reply in 2 weeks !!!!!!!
Same problem, playbar + lg oled b8... Sonos get your act together.
What if it's a problem with the TV? Why don't you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Any updates or resolution on this issue? I just had my playbar replaced and I am still experiencing this issue so I think it is related to my wifi network? I am using a 3 mesh Google Wifi setup. Thanks!
@Keith N, any update on that firmware update you mentioned a year ago?

Hi there, pgiliber. Thanks for the details and information. I believe the issue affecting your system is one that we've been talking about in the Community. Our team have been collecting information and are currently waiting on a firmware update from LG and Sony to address the problem. While it is limited to LG OLED and Sony XBR TV's it is certainly something the team is aware of and actively tracking.

Thank you for your patience so far.
What if it's a problem with the TV? Why don't you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Diagnostic submitted. Same issue. 881231235
I am having the same issue. They replaced my Playbar but same issue. LG OLED 55 2019 model.
I’ve got an LG OLED C9 and FireTV Stick 4K with a Beam, and I intermittently hear loud crackling / static / beeps for several seconds, length varies, mainly when I turn on my TV. It’s using HDMI-ARC and audio is set to auto, not PCM. I can see on the TV it’s using Dolby digital.

Sounds like I’m intercepting a noisy radio signal of someone’s old dial up modem connecting to the internet.

Very frustrating experience for a supposedly smart speaker and the latest TV. Worse that it’s been over a year since this thread started and there’s no resolution.

I need help with my sound bar.  The static just started after owning the system trouble free for years. I did a diagnostic.  The number is 2132564178.  I have a Sony television.