Question

How to Re-setup an Older Sonos System with ZP100 Players and CR100 Controller

• 4 July 2017
  • 4 replies

It has been 7 years since I used my Sonos after we have moved. I am not ready to re-install in my new house. I have three ZP100 ZonePlayers and one CR100 Controller. The Basic Setup keeps failing. Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You are going to have to contact Sonos directly. The firmware on those units is too far out of date to update normally. They will need to push an update manually.
Badge +1
If they do push an update to you ..how do they do it ? what ports do they need left open ?

I am off, away from home for a few days, and am waiting for them to get back to me about pushing an update to my Bridge to update my CR100's

Just wondering if I can leave my home router setup with ports open , forwarded etc or the BR100 in a DMZ to blow them to access my system to do this while I am away.

i have my place on a No-Ip dynamic address so they can access it at any time without my actual IP address if I send them the dynamic host name...I have done this but they have not got back to me yet.

Anyone know what they will request of me so they can push the update ? I can then leave it setup before I leave home later today.

I am guessing that they must just to a current component and that then pushes it onwards to the other devices? the CR100's are not connected yet ..so they can't push to those
They are all turned on and Boost net is running
I had a problem getting my CR100 to work, unfortunately SONOS technical support were unable to help me.

The thread below is record of the conversation...

"Thank you for calling Sonos Support today.

So after our call I reached out to our senior technical team to discuss the issue further, and unfortunately due to the firmware version the CR100 is on we will not be able to update it to the necessary version. Because of this it would not be possible to add it to your current system as a Controller.

In general we try to support our legacy devices for as long as possible, though in this particular case we are unable to assist further.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Sonos Customer Care"

Can anyone out there help? Is there any way for me to get the firmware updated, apparently I can't even if I send it to Sonos. I would really like to be able to use it as intended as not all householders are equipped with IOS or Android devices.
To be honest, I'd abandon the idea. Even if you got it working it won't perform all functions. I use an Amazon Fire Tablet as a dedicated, fully functional Sonos controller. It would cost you around £50 / $50 ... unless you get a special offer and pay less!