Question

How to hang the PLaybar from the TV?

• 17 December 2017
  • 5 replies

I purchased the Sanus mounting bracket from Sonos and can't figure out how it connects to the Playbar? I would think if Sonos sells it, it would actually work? There are only two key holes slots on the back of the playbar and it does allow for a secure connection to what Sono sells.

5 replies

I think it just screws on the wall and the Playbar hangs on it?? I have never heard of it being a problem at all. It doesn't hang from the TV
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
John's correct. The bracket is screwed to the wall and then the Playbar locates on two mushroom shaped studs at either end of the mount. The Playbar is pushed down to secure the speaker onto the bracket.

It does NOT mount to the TV
I think it just screws on the wall and the Playbar hangs on it?? I have never heard of it being a problem at all. It doesn't hang from the TV - THis is the link from the Sonos website to hang the Playbar from the TV. https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sanus-playbar-tv-mount.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
On the left hand photo at the bottom of the L shaped piece that is 2 pieces there is a stud that fits into the Playbar.

BTW it fits onto the swivel mount rather than the TV
Userlevel 2
Badge
I cannot get the playbar mounted using sanus bracket under my LG tv either. The playbar holes are too wide apart. So I need longer sanus.arms, say another 4 inches each. (My TV is mounted on a cantilever bracket and the bracket screws into the TV too high for the SANUS.)