how to get support from sonos

• 2 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor III
  • 20 replies
Hi all, i have been having a lot of problems with my sonos lately and i am having trouble getting any response from Sonos.

i have sent 3 messages on Messenger which haven't been replied to, i have sent two diagnostic reports and posted them to two seperate threads on the forum and i have made a post which got no replies. is there a better way to get support that doesn't include phoning?

my problems for those who are interested:
-sonos beam makes a loud short buzz after the TV is turned off.
-the play:1 satellite surround sound speakers cut out randomly when playing music
-sonos play Ones' randomly start playing, often loudly at night.
-some sonos speakers disappear from the network despite being close to a very high quality router.
-sonos desktop app often cannot connect, or doesn't actually affect the speakers
-many songs (usually via spotify) fail to play and require a few tries to get working

the system was so good in the beginning, but now it feels like cheap tech with a big price tag. i am sure not all of these problems are sonos's fault, but not responding to my support questions is.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
It's best to send diagnostics when a support agent requests them.

That or send an email explaining the situation. Coming to the forum is one of the slowest ways of getting support, and even still you're not always working with Sonos employees, 99.9% of the time it's just users helping out. Not to say that Sonos doesn't pay attention to the forum, there are plenty of employees here.

Contacting them through Social Media will be a bit quicker than email, but ultimately it looks like shooting them an email will be your best bet.
Badge +2
It's best to send diagnostics when a support agent requests them.

That or send an email explaining the situation. Coming to the forum is one of the slowest ways of getting support, and even still you're not always working with Sonos employees, 99.9% of the time it's just users helping out. Not to say that Sonos doesn't pay attention to the forum, there are plenty of employees here.

Contacting them through Social Media will be a bit quicker than email, but ultimately it looks like shooting them an email will be your best bet.

thanks for the reply,

the main reason i send diagnostic reports is because apparently the report needs to be sent when the error happens because the error history is not that long. meaning if a speaker turns on in the middle of the night, i can send a diagnostic report straight after, and then post the number later on.

when you said social media, do you mean facebook messenger or is there another way? because i have had no luck with messenger.

i will look for an email address next and see if i get any replies back from that.

thanks for your help!
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

the main reason i send diagnostic reports is because apparently the report needs to be sent when the error happens because the error history is not that long. meaning if a speaker turns on in the middle of the night, i can send a diagnostic report straight after, and then post the number later on.

Oh yeah, by all means, send them - just take a screen shot so you can supply the number to support later on.

when you said social media, do you mean facebook messenger or is there another way? because i have had no luck with messenger.

Twitter. Otherwise just shoot them an email.

i will look for an email address next and see if i get any replies back from that.

Check the contact options section
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact/contact-options

Pretty sure the email is just support@sonos.com - if not just fill out the forum on the link above. They should reply fairly quickly.

thanks for your help!

Any time! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi NeX,

Generally, the fastest way to get support from Sonos is to reach out through Facebook messenger or Twitter. Those channels are 24/7, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't receive a response from your messages. I also notice that there are no Sonos components or diagnostic reports associated with your community account. If you'd like me to look into your case, please send me a direct message with your system's registered email address.

We aren't notified every time a diagnostic report is submitted, but it's a good idea to send in a report not long after you experience an issue..

If you reply here with a diagnostic confirmation number, I can take a look, but It sounds like you have multiple issues so it may be more efficient to give us a call. Our phone team has more tools available, and can troubleshoot live.
Badge +2

Oh yeah, by all means, send them - just take a screen shot so you can supply the number to support later on.

Twitter. Otherwise just shoot them an email.

Check the contact options sectionhttps://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact/contact-options
Pretty sure the email is just support@sonos.com - if not just fill out the forum on the link above. They should reply fairly quickly.

thanks for your help!
Any time! :D

awesome thank you very much for your help, i will try an email first, as i think Twitter is a bit overly public, but its good to know there is a fallback option! thanks again
Badge +2
Hi NeX,

Generally, the fastest way to get support from Sonos is to reach out through Facebook messenger or Twitter. Those channels are 24/7, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't receive a response from your messages. I also notice that there are no Sonos components or diagnostic reports associated with your community account. If you'd like me to look into your case, please send me a direct message with your system's registered email address.

We aren't notified every time a diagnostic report is submitted, but it's a good idea to send in a report not long after you experience an issue..

If you reply here with a diagnostic confirmation number, I can take a look, but It sounds like you have multiple issues so it may be more efficient to give us a call. Our phone team has more tools available, and can troubleshoot live.

hi, thanks for the reply,

i don't know why no one responded on Messenger, but it shows as the messages are unread, so i wonder if i have to like the page first or something like that. but i contacted Sonos on the 21st and the 28th without any replies.

ah no the sonos system is registered with my wife's email which is why nothing is coming up but i can send that email address to you, thanks

i would like to avoid calling if possible, there are a few reasons why, but i can start by giving you the registered email address to see if the diagnostic reports are logged with that address. thank you very much for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the update. I received your direct message and have replied with some things to try.