How to fix Sonos issues

• 9 July 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

We just cooked up a new video that details how to fix common issues with Sonos. We’ve installed 1000+ systems and this video goes over problems we see when we haven’t originally installed the set-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKC93O1YRLQ

We made a video previously but that was more for jobs where we installed the network and optimized the system settings. This may be more helpful for the public.

Thanks,

ATD

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I like the comedy and the enthusiasm, but to be honest I was expecting far more content, such as..

• How to configure popular ‘managed’ switches and some routers/WiFi mesh-systems for unicast and multicast.
  • The differences between SonosNet and WiFi modes - and how to fix/set the best channels for each.
  • I don’t see any general reasons why a Sonos ‘controller’ device cannot operate successfully on a 5ghz band, as mentioned in the video - The modern Sonos devices, as an example… the Sonos Move, can use either the 2.4hz or 5Ghz WiFi bands?

And where were these (regularly mentioned) topics…

• Issues around Airplay-compatible Sonos devices not showing up on the LAN and why the Sonos Lock Screen controls may not appear?
  • Wireless interference/channel-width suggestions
  • Issues around QOS/Airtime Fairness
  • Firewall/Security software issues hindering device discovery.
  • How to ‘group’/‘pair’/‘bond’ devices and why a stereo ‘pair’ cannot be ‘bonded’ to a HT system, until they’re unpaired.

The above are just a few of the issues ‘off the top of my head’, that tend to pop up frequently here in the community... (Not an exhaustive list by any means).

Perhaps a ‘series’ of ‘detailed’ step-by-step videos is what’s really needed🤔?

Sounds great...why don’t you make one?

We’ve installed 1000+ systems since their inception and on our Sonos systems which typically utilize Eero, Araknis or Luxul networks, basically every issue you mentioned above aren’t problems these days. The things we mentioned take care of 99% of issues.

If you’d like to create a video to cover the less than 1% that our details don’t fix...have at it! 

Sounds great...why don’t you make one?

We’ve installed 1000+ systems since their inception and on our Sonos systems which typically utilize Eero, Araknis or Luxul networks, basically every issue you mentioned above aren’t problems these days. The things we mentioned take care of 99% of issues.

If you’d like to create a video to cover the less than 1% that our details don’t fix...have at it! 

I have no reason to doubt your abilities. It was more the case that your video just didn’t reach my personal expectation(s), under the heading here of ‘How to Fix Sonos Issues’ - there are very many issues your video content doesn’t fix. I’ve mentioned just a few of them in my post earlier… I can think of others too, but let’s not take the thread off topic. 

Unlike yourselves, I don’t do YouTube videos for a variety of reasons, but I (and many others here) do post regularly in the community, trying to assist other Sonos users and those posts/conversations by the community members quite often have step-by-step instructions on how to fix the most common issues. I just found your video lacked in both content and depth to fix the ‘common’ issues that get posted here in this community.