Answered

How to debug suspected defective Play:1?

• 6 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I suspect that one of my Play:1 devices is (and always has been) defective but I am struggling to find a way to confirm or debug this. 

The device is always visible on the IP:1400/support/review network matrix table and all devices are green. But in the S2 app the device regularly goes missing for minutes or days.

It was initially part of a stereo pair with another Play:1 in the living room and caused regular problems during playback. It just dropped off and then some time later came back on again, or not at all. I have reset the device many times and removed and added it to the Sonos system many times. No effect.

So recently I swapped it with another Play:1 in the kitchen. Now the drop out problem is in the kitchen. When grouping the Kitchen and Living together in S2, playing from the Spotify app is nearly impossible (also in the old configuration btw). The group Living+Kitchen seems to get messed up if one device drops.

I think this is a defective Play:1. But I have run out of options to investigate further. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Casper

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 6 March 2021, 11:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since you’ve already done a lot of investigation, I’d call Sonos and talk to them about the problem.