Answered

How to configure parallel system using Bridge and Boost

Some technical advice please. I currently have a Play 5 gen1 in my living room paired with a Bridge. I have tried to connect it wirelessly or direct into my router to no avail. I've spoken to technical support and they weren't able to get it to work without the Bridge either. It seems to be a problem with the router used by my internet provider. I intend to move the Play 5 into the kitchen and buy two Ones or SLs for the living room. It is likely that the Ones won't work wirelessly either or wired into the router and I'll have to buy a Boost. If this turns out to be the case, how do I best configure two systems next month divided into S1 and S2 ? Thanks for any help on this.

icon

Best answer by John G 7 June 2020, 00:20

@Hiphob Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Sonos Community. I would strongly advise that you confirm your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). You have an open case ticket with our phone agents. Did you setup your wifi network equipment, an installer, or your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? I ask as I was able to see a diagnostic report number history indicating more than one router on the network. What did you wire the Play:5 into when attempting the wireless setup? If you have access to sign into the router you want to confirm it is configured for mixed mode and not “N” Only when wired and doing the wireless setup steps for the Play:5. If you do not have access then I would ask that you speak with your installer or ISP about that and the router settings.

After you have your full topology information and have confirmed the router settings then confirm the results of the wireless setup steps at that time. After that, I would advise to call in and continue troubleshooting with our phone agents as they will have more tools available to them.

View original

2 replies

None of us knows how the 'split system' arrangements will work when S2 is launched. There is no point in your doing anything until then.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@Hiphob Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Sonos Community. I would strongly advise that you confirm your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). You have an open case ticket with our phone agents. Did you setup your wifi network equipment, an installer, or your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? I ask as I was able to see a diagnostic report number history indicating more than one router on the network. What did you wire the Play:5 into when attempting the wireless setup? If you have access to sign into the router you want to confirm it is configured for mixed mode and not “N” Only when wired and doing the wireless setup steps for the Play:5. If you do not have access then I would ask that you speak with your installer or ISP about that and the router settings.

After you have your full topology information and have confirmed the router settings then confirm the results of the wireless setup steps at that time. After that, I would advise to call in and continue troubleshooting with our phone agents as they will have more tools available to them.