Answered

How long should a Sonos Move battery last?

• 15 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi! How long should a Sonos Move battery last?

I called the support because in a test it lasted 8 hours at an average volume of 40%.

The support told me that it was little. They recommended me to carry out a new test with the Move at 100% load and volume at 50%, it lasted 6 hours.

I called the support and another person attends me and he tells me that it is normal.

Who has the reason, first support (8 hours is not nornal) or the second (6 hours is normal)? 

The contradictions of the support take my breath away! :expressionless:

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 September 2021, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

As my previous response to you stated…

Pausing, volume level, Bluetooth, heat exposure, microphone/voice assistant use, and other factors will cause battery life to fluctuate.

Do you have the microphone on the entire time you are testing? Are you using a voice assistant during the test? Are you on Bluetooth or WiFi? Is the speaker being used outside in the heat?

Thanks GuitarSuperstar

I followed your recommendations and called Sonos support but I was left with more questions :nerd: .

Do you have the microphone on the entire time you are testing? I belive yes, becouse I can see light of mic on.

Are you using a voice assistant during the test? Nop

Are you on Bluetooth or WiFi? WiFi

Is the speaker being used outside in the heat? Nop, indoor.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

Charge the Move to 100% and do a test with the volume at 40% with the microphone turned off.

Charge the Move to 100% and do a test with the volume at 40% with the microphone turned off.

Ok, I will tried it this week 👍

Hi GuitarSuperstar!

I performed a test yesterday according your instruction and the battery lasted exactly 8 hours :sweat_smile: :

There was no difference with the microphone off :thinking: (test was perform Indoor and Wi-Fi).

• 09:45 40% vol 100% batt.
  • 10:45 40% vol  94% batt. 
  • 11:45 40% vol  92% batt.
  • 12:45 40% vol  76% batt. 
  • 13:45 40% vol  63% batt. 
  • 14:45 40% vol  48% batt.
  • 15:45 40% vol  37% batt. 
  • 16:45 40% vol  17% batt. 
  • 17:45 40% vol    1% batt.

Thanks!

Javier.-