Answered

How does speaker cut out when wired?

• 18 May 2019
  • 2 replies

I have been having problems with a speaker cutting out and have been trying to find a solution. Diagnostics have said that there is wireless interference but I have not succeeded in identifying the problem or finding a solution. I did buy a ethernet cable and wired the speaker to my router but the music STILL cuts out.
The internet signal is fine as another speaker in the same room as the router works consistently well. When I switch the speakers it still doesn't work in the othe rroom away from the router so its not a speaker fault.
Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 18 May 2019, 14:07

a) Did you remove the WiFi password from your Sonos system after switching over to SonosNet?

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.

b) If 'Auto channel' is enabled in your router, then disable it and set a specific channel, either 1, 6 or 11. Change also the SonosNet channel ('More --> Settings --> Advanced Settings --> SonosNet Channel') to either 1, 6 or 11. That means when e.g. SonosNet is set to channel 6, put your router on channel 1 (or vice versa). See also Reducing wireless interference.
View original

2 replies

a) Did you remove the WiFi password from your Sonos system after switching over to SonosNet?

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.

b) If 'Auto channel' is enabled in your router, then disable it and set a specific channel, either 1, 6 or 11. Change also the SonosNet channel ('More --> Settings --> Advanced Settings --> SonosNet Channel') to either 1, 6 or 11. That means when e.g. SonosNet is set to channel 6, put your router on channel 1 (or vice versa). See also Reducing wireless interference.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
It might also be worth stating what source(s) you are using when the issue occurs.