Answered

How do I get Move to connect to same GHz as the rest of the system?

• 17 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

how do I get move to connect to same ghz as the rest of the system?

my move keeps either disappearing or showing as offline on the app. It’s connected to the internet ok, I just can’t control it via the app.

apparently, according to support the move is on 5ghz with the rest of the system on 2.4ghz. That’s as much as I understand I’m afraid.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Xander P 18 February 2021, 11:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Pancake, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sounds like your 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks share the same WiFI name, is that correct?

If so, what you would want to do is “split" them, by giving the 5GHz WiFi a distinct name (generally adding -5 to the end is recommended).

Are you comfortable accessing your router settings to make this change? If not, I’d recommend getting in touch with either your ISP or our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, and they will be happy to assist :)

Hi

we have tried to do that and logged into our router settings but even though we can change the names the system changes the name of both the channels to the same one each time and won’t let us save different names. We have Sky! 
The move seems to be working ok today, but other days it’s a bloody nightmare. 

Hi

we have tried to do that and logged into our router settings but even though we can change the names the system changes the name of both the channels to the same one each time and won’t let us save different names. We have Sky! 
The move seems to be working ok today, but other days it’s a bloody nightmare. 

If you go into the Sky router wireless settings and uncheck “synchronise 2.4G\hz and 5GHz settings” then you can rename the bands’ SSIDs separately.  Whether that will cure whatever your problem is I cannot say.

I have done this myself on a Sky router and so I know it to be possible.