Horrified - can't connect to Sonos over Data

• 27 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I cannot believe that by using a shared mobile data plan that I cannot connect and stream to my Sonos system. Apparently, read in the very fine print, by choosing to not go with a “routed” plan this configures my sonos speakers defunct!!

I am outraged that such an expensive system is so badly technically managed. Especially with the world as it is today people having to work from home etc, not everyone can have a routed system. It is outrageous

I, as I said, am horrified. 

Very very bad system pick-up. Outrageous

I will never ever buy a sonos product again & I will shouting from the rooftops about this horrible inconsistency !!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@Horrified . What on earth are you talking about?  You have apparently totally misunderstood something, but you are too outraged and horrified.. and outraged again and then horrified again… for it to be possible to even work out what you have misunderstood.

There are people on here who might be able to help if you could explain the issue coherently.

I was equally confused. A ‘shared mobile data’ plan puts multiple SIMs on the same account. 

The notion that a phone on a ‘shared data’ plan could control a Sonos using a different SIM across the mobile network is utterly nonsensical. 

If a ‘routed’ plan means a 4G router then, yes, of course a router is required. Without a router there’s no local network. And without a local network there’s no Sonos system, as the phone can’t talk to the player(s).