Answered

Home Theater Surrounds Not Pairing Together/Not Working

• 2 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Diagnostic submitted: #1710287642 and #1116311032.

I've had the following setup for 2 years:
-1 Playbase
-1 Sub
-2 Play 3s paired as LS and RS (surrounds)
-Internet is Spectrum 200mbs with three Eero setup
This setup has been working great for 2 years, and I don't have any internet issues or other electronic devices that may be causing interference, and the setup is in a completely open room.

I recently updated the software and controller to version 10.0. The surrounds are no longer working at all. I have done soft reboots, factory reboots on the Play 3s and the Playbase, and gone through the setup/repairing process over ten times. When trying to pair the Play 3s together in home theater mode to act as surrounds, I receive an error message saying there is a problem and to try again. However, in the controller the hometheater setup shows as (+sub+LS+RS), just as it should if it were working.

To rule out malfunctions of the Play 3s, I was able to add each Play3 individually and set it up under a new room in the Sonos controller to test, and music played with no problem. I was even able to pair the Play 3s together in stereo mode. The problem is only with pairing the Play3s as surrounds in home theater mode. Please help.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 4 February 2019, 20:02

-1 Playbase
-1 Sub
This setup has been working great for 2 years, and I don't have any internet issues or other electronic devices that may be causing interference, and the setup is in a completely open room.

I recently updated the software and controller to version 10.0. The surrounds are no longer working at all. I have done soft reboots, factory reboots on the Play 3s and the Playbase, and gone through the setup/repairing process over ten times. When trying to pair the Play 3s together in home theater mode to act as surrounds, I receive an error message saying there is a problem and to try again. However, in the controller the hometheater setup shows as (+sub+LS+RS), just as it should if it were working.

To rule out malfunctions of the Play 3s, I was able to add each Play3 individually and set it up under a new room in the Sonos controller to test, and music played with no problem. I was even able to pair the Play 3s together in stereo mode. The problem is only with pairing the Play3s as surrounds in home theater mode. Please help.

Hi URMarc,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like the wireless card on your Playbase has been manually disabled. In order for the Sonos surround setup to work, your Playbase needs to send wireless data to your rear speakers and Sub. Please enable the wireless on your Playbase and test things out again. If you're still having issues after that, send along a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

-1 Playbase
-1 Sub

Hi URMarc,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like the wireless card on your Playbase has been manually disabled. In order for the Sonos surround setup to work, your Playbase needs to send wireless data to your rear speakers and Sub. Please enable the wireless on your Playbase and test things out again. If you're still having issues after that, send along a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
It was determined by Sonos customer support the wifi card in the Playbase was malfunctioning. I have been issued a replacement Playbase. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It was determined by Sonos customer support the wifi card in the Playbase was malfunctioning. I have been issued a replacement Playbase. Thank you.

It's good to hear they got things sorted. Please let us know if you have any further issues.