Answered

High pitch noise from Playbar

I recently moved house and when I set up my existing Playbar and Sub the Playbar has developed a constant high pitch noise which was never there previously. The noise is present when the Playbar is idle and also both when playing audio from my TV or music from my iPhone. I have not changed anything about my set up, it’s the same TV, Blu-ray player and Set Top Box, just in a new location. I have checked all of the systems and the noise is definitely coming from my Playbar, the only thing that stops it is if I turn my Playbar off at the mains. I have also linked my Playbar up to a different TV on its own, but the high pitch noise is still present. I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who has had this issue and recommendations on how to resolve it as the high pitch noise is very distracting so I have had to disconnect my sonos system at present. Many thanks
icon

Best answer by buzz 7 July 2019, 18:11

I assume that this noise does not track the Volume control. If so, there is a physical problem with the unit and you will need to work with SONOS support. You might be able to locate a point of origin for this sound.
View original

2 replies

I assume that this noise does not track the Volume control. If so, there is a physical problem with the unit and you will need to work with SONOS support. You might be able to locate a point of origin for this sound.
Hi Buzz, many thanks for your rapid reply. You’re correct, the noise is always present and doesn’t change irrespective of lowering or raising the volume. At normal volume you can hear the high pitch noise, but if you do turn the volume up it will eventually get ‘drowned out’ by the sound of the TV or music. I will phone SONOS support tomorrow. Many thanks