Answered

Hidden Music Library

• 4 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Is this the latest way for Sonos to force updates on users, because Sonos are more important than the end user?

What part of ‘its not convenient to update right now’, don't Sonos understand, but hide the music instead so effectively disabling my system until I am a good boy and do my update immediately as Sonos command? Are we all children of Sonos now or what?? Come on Sonos, stop trying to impose yourselves on users.  

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 April 2021, 10:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try a third party app that doesn’t care about system updates and just works with S1 and S2. SonoPad/SonoPhone/Phonos Universal all fall into this category.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Turpentine So you have two problems:

1. your system has updated at a time you didn’t want it to; and
  2. you cannot find you music your music library anymore?

You know you can have the system update during the night? Do you need any help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Turpentine 

In all likelihood, your smartphone automatically updated the Sonos app from it’s App Store. When you then open the app and your Sonos system finds out that the software on your phone is more up to date than the software it has, it asks for an update because Sonos cannot guarantee proper operation while there is a software version discrepancy. Once in a while, we change something fairly substantially without there being much visually noticeable change - without the whole system operating in the same way, issues can occur. The most recent update is a classic example - we’ve changed the way in which speakers create the system.

The only reason Sonos is demanding an update is because it has technically already started (the app), and the job needs to finish.

Try a third party app that doesn’t care about system updates and just works with S1 and S2. SonoPad/SonoPhone/Phonos Universal all fall into this category.

JOOI, why no app for android? No call for it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I can’t speak for the others, but for me the easy app piracy/reverse engineering, the multiple app stores, the variants of hardware, and the infamous cheapness of Android users are my reasons.

I can’t speak for the others, but for me the easy app piracy/reverse engineering, the multiple app stores, the variants of hardware, and the infamous cheapness of Android users are my reasons.

Interesting, thanks...