Answered

Help with this please

• 17 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Recently noticed system kept falling out. Shows no system on controller. Added BOOST hoping to help. No change.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 April 2021, 11:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Why is the radio disabled in Family Room?

I have the wifi turned off as it is hard wired also. Should I enable WiFI?

Here is WiFi Enabled

That setting doesn’t actually have anything to do with WiFi. It disables SonosNet.

It looks like Family Room is right next to the Boost. Was there any special reason for getting a Boost as well?

There’s a lot of interference around. Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel? 

BTW if you’re still struggling with seeing the system in the controller then first make sure the mobile is connected to the correct WiFi. If that’s okay then try rebooting the mobile. The system itself is clearly operational as far as the matrix is concerned.

I added the Boost in an attempt to improve performance. I am on Channel 11 currently. I have changed it in the past, but never run the matrix after changes. Yes the Boost is close to connect.

also, my wifi router ie Eero, don’t know it that matters 

Do you have any control over the Eero’s channel usage? To avoid clashes with SonosNet a WiFi should use 20MHz channel width, and be set to a channel at least 5 numbers away from Sonos. 

You may as well turn the wireless off again on Family Room. It’s not adding anything by being enabled.

No way to change channel on Eero. Switched to SonosNet channel 6 with some improvement. Could it help by relocating Boost?

You could try repositioning the Boost. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jtaylorwebb 

Have you resolved this issue? It may be best to get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system, network and environment.