Answered

Help With Current Upgrade

Hello, I’m looking to upgrade to the LG C2 and getting the Panasonic UB820K 4k player. 

I’m currently using a Samsung Q60A and my PS5 as a player. 

I have my Sonos Beam (Gen 1) connected to my TV through the HDMI ARC, and I got two Sonos One connected to the Beam. 

My question is can I just run the same HDMI to the TV, while plugging the Panasonic to the other HMDI*  on the LG C2 without any problems?

*The LG C2 has an HDMI ARC/eARC not sure what the difference is. but also an optical cable. 

Back of the LG C2

The back of the Panasonic has a Audio Out and Video Out that’s why I’m confused on the setting this up. 

(I know the Beam Gen 1 cannot do Dolby Atmos, looking to upgrade to the ARC later down but I just want to have the best possible color accuracy with the player at the moment)

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 May 2022, 21:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Beam will connect to the LG’s HDMI ARC/eARC port and the PS5 and Panasonic UB820 will connect to the LGs other HDMI ports. FYI... All four HDMI ports on the LG C2 are HDMI 2.1 ports.

Use the Video Out HDMI port on the Panasonic.

The Beam will connect to the LG’s HDMI ARC/eARC port and the PS5 and Panasonic UB820 will connect to the LGs other HDMI ports. FYI... All four HDMI ports on the LG C2 are HDMI 2.1 ports.

So I should get the best sound possible with my current Sonos set up, right? I was worries I wasn’t going to get any audio if I started to use the Panasonic player due to having the Audio and Video Out on the back. 

Userlevel 7

So I should get the best sound possible with my current Sonos set up, right? I was worries I wasn’t going to get any audio if I started to use the Panasonic player due to having the Audio and Video Out on the back. 

With the Beam (Gen 1) and Samsung Q60A (or LG C2), the best possible sound you can get from Blu-ray discs is Dolby Digital and Stereo PCM (from DTS-encoded discs).

With the Arc and Samsung (or LG), the best possible sound you can from Blu-ray discs is Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos and Multichannel PCM (from DTS-encoded discs).

NOTE: The Samsung and LG TVs don’t support DTS audio. This is why you are limited to Stereo PCM with the Beam (Gen 1). With the Arc, you can set the Panasonic to convert DTS to PCM which will result in Multichannel PCM audio which sounds just as good as DTS-HD Master Audio.

BUT, there is a known issue in the past with newer LG TVs and the Panasonic UB820. For some reason, that specific TV/Blu-ray player combination doesn’t support Multichannel PCM audio. I don’t know if this issue has been resolved with the 2022 LG models like the C2 or G2. You might want to check with LG or Panasonic before you move forward with this setup. If you find out anything, please let me know as I own the Panasonic UB820 and am interested in the LG C2 also.