Help needed connecting my sonos system......

• 24 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I am so over my Sonos system.  I’m very frustrated with what shouldn’t be so difficult to figure out.

I got my Sonos Playbar, Sub and 2 speakers Jan of 2020.  Last year in September, I moved to a new place with new router, etc.  In my new house I setup a Ubiquiti UMD Pro with a switcher and 3 WPs attached to the switcher.

When I go into my App, my account, system and services&voice are grayed out.  When I try to Select your Product and it searches for nearby products, I get nothing.  Devices are plugged in and on.

When I select join nearby system it says “We can’t find a Sonos system on (wifi network name).  Did you make changes to your router or network settings.”  When I go through the process and try to find a system, it says Sonos not found.  Make sure you’re signed in and your mobile device is connected to the internet an don the same WiFI as Sonos.

This is extremely frustrating and I can’t find a solution.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You might start looking at other posts mentioning Ubiquity here, there are a lot of fiddly bits that have to be set just right to make Sonos happy.

I went the other way and wired a Sonos device to take all my Sonos off the Ubiquity WiFi.

Even if that isn’t something you want to do long-term it should get you working as long as your Controller device can see your wired Sonos device on the network.

@sr482,

I found this in one of the posts here… so perhaps try this: 

• In the Settings tab, click Wireless Networks.
  • Click Edit next to the network SSID.
  • Expand Advanced Options.
  • Uncheck Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data.
  • In the Settings tab, click Sites.
  • Disable Auto-Optimize Network.
  • In the Networks tab, please enable IGMP Filtering/Snooping

Remember to apply/save settings.

If you are using Ubiquiti network switches, make sure that they are set for STP.