Help needed..Connect Amps dropping.

• 24 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there - I’ve used Sonos for years, first adopter back in the day of controller and control wheel!

i’ve recently moved house to a recently constructed 4 storey town house ( 3 years old) which has a basement cupboard with a rack housing the Cat cabling, switch and the BT fibre modem.  I have a BT Smarthub 2.0 (connected to the WAN and switch).  There are 3 connect Amps in the rack feeding speakers in the kitchen, living room and cinema room (all cabled in ceiling speakers).  I also have a Play1 in a bedroom connected via ethernet to the wall socket which feeds into the switch.  The cinema room has a Playbar and Sub, connecting wirelessly (in the next room in the basement to the rack).  

I have had zero problems with the Playbar, Sub or the Play1 since arriving and changing ownership / router.  The 3 Connect Amps have all dropped off the App or i’ve had “can not connect” messages, or they have played (radio or Spotify) for a minute or 5 mins, and then dropped.  The room then also disappears from the App for a while and sometimes reappears.  

So I have changed from one Connect Amp connected to the switch and then directly to the router by cable.  I have connected all 3 to the switch, i have disabled WiFi on each - still dropping.

It was working better originally and only just disappearing off the App and not dropping whilst playing, but its really annoying and i’m close to thinking its a hardware issue but feels more like networking / IP addresses etc.  I am pretty much out of my depth with the setup on the networking front.

Any help much appreciated! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Keenford, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos system. So that we can check the current status of your system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Diagnostic number is 669417303. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Keenford, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, it shows a lot of issues with your system. Audio dropout, wireless interference, and No cloud connections on the speakers. You may check these articles about reducing wireless interference and Music service audio stops and skips for some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. If that doesn't work after doing it, we’ll take this issue further. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.