Answered

HELP (for a friend). Arc / Sub wont stay connected to app

• 9 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I talked him into spending almost $2000 on a Sonos system (Arc and Sub).

He’s been having problems since the beginning.

It works fine with his TV, but then he goes to his app to play music, and his system is not connected to the app, he has to run through the set up again, the app finds his system, and works, and then after he watches TV again, he has to do the same thing again, go through the set up to find his system to play music because once he’s watched tv his system is no longer found with the app. 

he has submitted a diagnostic report and is not getting help

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 April 2021, 15:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Does your friend have the option to wire the Arc directly to his router with an ethernet cable?

The diagnostic won’t be found if your friend hasn’t provided the confirmation number to Sonos Support.

What’s the make/model of the router/WiFi mesh? Are there any wireless range extenders or powerlines in use?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Does your friend have the option to wire the Arc directly to his router with an ethernet cable?

He has no option to wire the arc to the router, but conceptually I told him to get a boost to wire to the router and I think that will fix his problem. I think the problem is his router is dual band and somehow sonos can’t stay on the 2.4 GHz