Question

Help - Connect Amp Bricked After Latest Software Update

• 14 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Support Diagnostics: 6867282

Please help.....

Connect Amp was working fine. No problems.

Installed latest update through iphone app.

Got an error message that update didn't work / try again (don't recall exactly what it said), and now the amp is bricked.

White light on the front blinks non-stop.

I have tried everything I could find on the forums - unplugging / re-plugging amp, rebooting everything (modem, amp, play 5, etc.), connecting amp directly to modem, etc., etc.

My Play 5 updated and is working no problem.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sean,

I'd be willing to bet, based on your comments, that the end result will be them asking you to call in to their support number for assistance. Were it me, I'd hop on the phone at the earliest opportunity, especially since it appears that the wait queue is larger than normal, due to the new software release (7.0).
I took your advice and called in. Hold time was about 20 minutes. Not too bad.

I spoke with a polite customer service rep who informed me that the product is likely experiencing a boot failure.

I was then informed that my unit is out of warranty (Sonos has a 1 year warranty - my unit is about 2 years old).

As such, I had to pay $129 for a replacement unit.

Bummer. Their new software bricks my connect amp, and I get to pay to replace it. Happy Holidays from Sonos!

Although, I guess that's better than staring at a $500 blinking paperweight.

A word to the wise, if you decide to update and that causes your product to fail, it could cost you. So be careful out there.
Well, I'm glad you got through quickly. I was indeed concerned it might be an electrical failure. At least $129 is a lot better than $500 to replace it. They seem to be pretty lenient about out of warranty replacements. I've been with companies that would require full price the day after warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Sean, sorry for the trouble. I just passed the details on this one over to the team for you so they can take a look into it.