Answered

HDMI-ARC issue with Sonos AMP

• 7 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have several Sonos AMPs that work perfectly fine on several TVs.   But this one TV is driving me crazy!   I have all the TV settings correct (or at least match my other working setups in the house).   It’s a slightly older Samsung TV (2015-2106), so that might be part of the problem, but when I turn the TV on there is no sound.   I have to go into the Sonos app and manually tell that room to play TV and then it works fine.  

Why do I have to manually select TV inside the Sonos app to make it work?  While it technically works, I can’t require guests and other family members go to an app to get sound.  Is it just an old TV with a less advanced version of ARC that isn’t auto detecting and sending?

icon

Best answer by John B 7 March 2021, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

In the Amp settings is TV Autoplay enabled?

It was not… I assume that will fix things for sure.   Weird that it defaulted to off when my other 3 setups did not.   Oh well!   Thanks for the quick response!