Answered

HD Fury Arcana Issue

• 18 December 2020
  • 23 replies

So I just purchased the HD Fury Arcana to go with my Arc. I have a 65XBR900F Sony tv. I plugged everything in correctly. Apple TV to HDMI IN, HDMI Out from Arcana to HDMI ARC on tv,  eARC out to Arc. I have video, but the display on the Arcana says “eARC/ARC not active” and getting no sound. Any solutions from anyone?

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by 13admash 20 February 2021, 02:17

View original

23 replies

Are your HDMI cables up to scratch?

I’m using the cable supplied by Sonos 

The cable to the TV doesn't have to go to the HDMI-ARC port. HDMI would be OK

But I can't really see why that would cause your problem. 

Yeah, I’m getting video, just no sound. Tried another port and the same issue. 

Might be worth contacting HD Fury on their support channel on Discord.

Userlevel 7

So I just purchased the HD Fury Arcana to go with my Arc. I have a 65XBR900F Sony tv. I plugged everything in correctly. Apple TV to HDMI IN, HDMI Out from Arcana to HDMI ARC on tv,  eARC out to Arc. I have video, but the display on the Arcana says “eARC/ARC not active” and getting no sound. Any solutions from anyone?

Thanks in advance. 

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the Arcana? Did you redo the TV Setup on the Sonos app? Have you activated Bravia Sync (CEC) on your TV?

@Volfan32  did you get it to work? I have the exact same issue. I have contacted hdfury on discord so let’s see if they have any suggestions.

Userlevel 7

@13admash Did you try the steps I mentioned above?

Yes, I did @GuitarSuperstar . I just got my arcana yesterday and it has the latest firmware .8

i redid tv setup in the sonos  app and it says arc is connected to tv. Bravia sync is enabled. The display is working, I can control the tv with atv4k remote. Sonos arc is what’s not outputting any sound and arcana says earc not active.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging the Arcana, Arc and TV from power for about a minute?

Have you tried unplugging the Arcana, Arc and TV from power for about a minute?

yup ried that multiple times

Hi

I really don’t know if this is relevant to your situation (don't have time to study context), but the following appears on p41 of the online Arcana manual:

“If you see "eARC/ARC not active" on Arcana OLED > click Netflix or APPS on TV remote to enter ARC mode and then click HDMI (or wherever Arcana is) to have TV select HDMI input. On some TVs you might need to set MENU > AUDIO > AUTO (instead of eARC ONLY by default since FW0.71)”

https://www.hdfury.com/docs/HDfuryArcana.pdf

Userlevel 7

@13admash What devices do you have connected to the Arcana?

@13admash What devices do you have connected to the Arcana?

Atv4k, Sony 850c and Sonos arc. Unfortunately, my arcana won’t even power up anymore so I cannot test what @John B recommended. I have contacted hdfury about this.

Userlevel 7

@13admash Sorry to hear. HD Fury will take care of you.

@13admash Sorry to hear. HD Fury will take care of you.

They sure did. Sent me a new one. Plugged it in and works like a charm.

I had this problem too:
"eARC/ARC not active"

It was the Sonos Arc refusing to hand-shake automatically. I fixed the problem by opening the Sonos app on my iPhone, then selecting “System", then selecting the “Arc", then the option of “TV Setup”. As soon as I did this the hdfury arcana connected to the Sonos Arc and everything was fixed. So I am guessing it needs a manual handshake sometimes. 

It was the last option I tried, having already bought 8K HDMI cables, and making sure I had the latest firmware/software for all of the Arcana, the Arc, the TV and Apple TV.

I can now listen to Dolby Atmos from the ATV 2017 4K while watching at 1080P on a 8 year old Samsung TV.

Set up was the basic ATV to Arcana HDMI In, Arcana HDMI out to TV Arc port, Arcana eArc Out to the Sonos Arc.  I also get Native TV playing routing to the Arc,  plus volume control at all times, plus CEC power control over all using the Apple remote. Very happy with the outcome even if it took ages to solve.

Apologies in advance, I’m not very technically minded…

I have the HD fury attached to my Lg OLED and also using a Sony 4K bluray player. I have sound coming through all my TV apps, but when I switch to the HDMI input for the bluray player the Arcana always displays “eARC/ARC not active”. Sometimes I manually connect the Sonos arc to the tv and that intermittently works, but am I missing an obvious detail ? Or is it normal to not connect? 

Userlevel 7

@ST052438 What firmware version do you have installed on the Arcana?

@ST052438 What firmware version do you have installed on the Arcana?

Ah it’s not the latest, but I’m a bit of a noob when it come to this...how do I update the arcana to the latest firmware ?

Userlevel 7

@ST052438  Download the 0.84 firmware from HDFury’s Discord page here:

https://discord.gg/yCRdfPw

Put the “arcanafw.bin” file on a USB flash drive and insert it into the Arcana and follow the instructions on the display.

I use the HDFury Arcana in combination with Sonos ARC, Apple TV 4K and a LG OLED65B8. Every 2 days I have the problem that the Apple TV 4K does not start. The Arcana shows on the display "ARC/eARC not active". 

The only thing I can do is to restart the Arcana. How is it possible to fix the problems? I did not change the settings after factory reset.

You may want to reach out to HD Fury’s support on Discord, they don’t have a support presence here on the Sonos boards.