Question

Hay Sonos One - Cannot connect to New Router

Hi Gang,

When originally setting up my Hay Sonos One, it was a breeze. But, once I swapped routers it has been a nightmare. I am in IT, so im no stranger to doing basic troubleshooting steps. But, for the life of me I cannot get this speaker connected to my home wifi.

What I have done:

- Followed the basic wireless set up via the phone App as I did before - No Dice
- Hardwired a network cable to a port in my house and attempted set up - No Dice
- Hardwired directly into my router - No Dice

The only thing I am thinking is that I may have to make a change to my router settings, but I could not find anything via Google Search on what settings may need to be changed.

I have also confirmed that my Router is NOT on the "Not Compatible" list posted by Sonos.

Any help you guys can provide would be amazing as I have spent hours working on this.

Thanks in advance,

jmangiapane

2 replies

[...] The only thing I am thinking is that I may have to make a change to my router settings, but I could not find anything via Google Search on what settings may need to be changed.
Google search didn't come up with this guide?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Hook up the ONE to the router > in the Sonos app go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen. Reboot the ONE, afterwards you should be able to enter the new WiFi credentials.
Thanks Smilja, i should have mentioned that when i plugged my One into the router i went through these steps multiple times, but its possible that i dis not do the reset function. I will try again and let ya know. Thanks for the info.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings