Answered

Having trouble with CONNECT

• 25 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I have plugged my turntable RCA cables into the IN on the back of the connect. When I play my records, I hear nothing?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 25 March 2018, 18:36

You need a phono preamp. Check your cartridge type MC or MM and get a phono preamp that outputs Line Level signals and has the required phono equalization circuit. Don't get a MC to MM preamp, that won't drive the line level inputs.

You can check the output of your turntable and the preamp with headphones if you plug an RCA to 3.5 mm converter into their outputs.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You need a phono preamp. Check your cartridge type MC or MM and get a phono preamp that outputs Line Level signals and has the required phono equalization circuit. Don't get a MC to MM preamp, that won't drive the line level inputs.

You can check the output of your turntable and the preamp with headphones if you plug an RCA to 3.5 mm converter into their outputs.