having issues with arc and airplay from apple tv

• 8 May 2022
  • 1 reply

So I recently got an Apple TV and was looking forward to air playing to my sonos arc. The issue I’m having is that the arc audio keeps cutting out. It will be fine for anything from 5-30 minutes and then either the arc completely loses sound, or audio goes in and out. I then have to go into airplaybsettings on Appletv and switch audio input to tv speaker and tben back to air lay and after a few times of doing this audio comes back. 

I have no audio cutout issues using airplay with normal audio from my iPhone.

I’ve been reading the issue with the 14.6 firmware. Since I only this week set up my Apple TV I am not sure if my issue is the 14.6 issue or something else.  Also sonos seems to have acknowledged the issue but now said there is no issue at all so I’m not sure what is going on with my set up. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would perhaps first try a different 2.4Ghz WiFi channel on your router - that’s assuming you are using a WiFi connection for your devices, rather than a SonosNet/wired connection. I would try ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel 1, 6 or 11 and perhaps also reduce any interference by setting the channel-width to 20Mhz only.