Answered

Having a heck of a time getting my Beam Gen 2 working with my LG OLED CX55

• 6 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Didn’t have any issues setting up my Arc with my older LG TV, but for some reason I’m having issues with my Beam Gen 2 and my 55 inch LG OLED CX TV.

I have 2 issues and i think they are related.  

1. When I turn off the TV, and then turn it back on it defaults back to internal speakers
  2. The volume/mute buttons don’t seem to work on the LG Magic remote.

Now if I unplug my FIOS box which is connected to HDMI 1 (the Sonos is connected to HDMI 2 eARC).  then everything works fine. 

Not sure why having the fios plugged in is breaking everything.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Howie411 7 October 2021, 02:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disabling CEC on the FIOS box.

It might be under Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control.

Badge

Thanks, tried that, sadly it didn’t fix either issue.

Userlevel 7

Keep TV Input Control disabled on the FIOS and redo the TV Setup process:

Disconnect everything from the TV. Unplug the TV, FIOS, and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug in the TV and Beam but keep everything disconnected from the TV. Be sure Simplink (CEC) is turned on in the TV settings. Then run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the HDMI cable to the TV’s eARC port when the app instructs you to. When the Beam is connected to the TV and working properly, plug in the FIOS box and connect it to the TV. You might try using a different HDMI port for the FIOS this time.

Userlevel 7

NA

Badge

No go, it was working up till the point I plugged HDMI 1 back in.  (and it wasn’t even connected to the TV)

So I think something else is going on.  Basically its not working when anything is plugged into HDMI 1, 3 or 4.   

Userlevel 7

Is there a “Quick Start” setting on your TV you can toggle on or off?

You might consider trying one of these HDMI “CEC Less” adapters with the Fios box:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DL48KVI

Badge

Ok so I have figured out the issue. Its the HDMI cable. Not the 1 going to the BEAM but the second HDMI cable that I was using for the FIOS box. As soon as I swapped it everything started working as normal. So weird, that was a brand new cable from a 2 pack. 1 went to the Beam and 1 went to the Fios box.

Lesson learned, make sure you check the cable!

It’s always possible that there’s an issue with the cable, where one in the box worked fine, and the other doesn’t. Glad you were able to determine this, as chasing down those kinds of unexpected issues are somewhat harder to diagnose. Our minds tend to go to other possibilities.