hate this system, so much money, doesnt work!

Well, I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can find online. I’m going to call Sonos tomorrow. 
2 play one’s, playbar and a sub. Works altogether once a month, if I’m lucky.  I spend an hour trying to configure the system, for it to drop a single component or all of them  except the playbar. Between my phone and my wife’s, we both use the Sonos app, so I assume there is a handshake trust for encryption that is partially to blame. I take them individually and plug them into the router. 

i gotta say I’m sick and tired of this system. Such a PIA.

I feel like I’ve been bamboozled by the initial quality of the system and software, only to have the patched updates to the software completely ruin the system. Plus I miss playing my music from my playlist on my phone. Blah

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As I suspect you’ll find out when you call Sonos, it’s most likely that you have network issues, and nothing is wrong with the Sonos speakers themselves. 

Please let us know what you do hear, when you call Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Well, I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can find online.

Except, it seems, explaining your issue on the support community!  If you can explain in detail what the issues are and what you have tried so far, we may be able to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tampabud 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I highly recommend you look into reducing wireless interference near the Playbar and the router - all WiFi devices like to have 1m space from all other WiFi devices.

If issues continue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.