Answered

Has the stereopairing continual drop out on the Roam been resolved?

• 6 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Has the stereo drop out, and it’s reliability, on Roam been resolved yet?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 November 2021, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No it’s not an operating problem.I’m reluctant to buy another Roam whilst there are problems with the stereo pairing reliability. The Support pages & internet have many many examples of it not being reliable.

At home I leave a Roam ‘pair’ sat on Qi charger, they never sleep whilst a power source is connected to them and always stay stereo paired.

In the garden I did mostly prefer to ‘group’ them as the grouping persists well, when off their charger, but admittedly the recent updates have greatly improved their ‘pairing’.

Various improvements were made to the Roam’s performance in software release 13.3 on 21 September.  From the release notes:

• We’ve improved Roam’s power management to help extend Roam’s battery life when it’s not actively being used.

• The Sonos app will now alert you when your Roam is connected to a charger that isn’t providing enough power to charge the battery.

• When your Roam is in sleep mode, you can now wake it up using the top playback buttons (in addition to the power button on the back).

• Two Roams in a stereo pair will now automatically rebond to each other if one of them unexpectedly disconnects from the network and then reconnects.
Badge +1

No it’s not an operating problem.I’m reluctant to buy another Roam whilst there are problems with the stereo pairing reliability. The Support pages & internet have many many examples of it not being reliable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You present this as a general problem with the Roam. Is it a general problem of is it just your set up. And if it is you set up, can we help?