Answered

Has the stereopairing continual drop out on the Roam been resolved?

• 6 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Has the stereo drop out, and it’s reliability, on Roam been resolved yet?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 November 2021, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No it’s not an operating problem.I’m reluctant to buy another Roam whilst there are problems with the stereo pairing reliability. The Support pages & internet have many many examples of it not being reliable.

At home I leave a Roam ‘pair’ sat on Qi charger, they never sleep whilst a power source is connected to them and always stay stereo paired.

In the garden I did mostly prefer to ‘group’ them as the grouping persists well, when off their charger, but admittedly the recent updates have greatly improved their ‘pairing’.

Badge +1

No it’s not an operating problem.I’m reluctant to buy another Roam whilst there are problems with the stereo pairing reliability. The Support pages & internet have many many examples of it not being reliable.

Various improvements were made to the Roam’s performance in software release 13.3 on 21 September.  From the release notes:

• We’ve improved Roam’s power management to help extend Roam’s battery life when it’s not actively being used.

• The Sonos app will now alert you when your Roam is connected to a charger that isn’t providing enough power to charge the battery.

• When your Roam is in sleep mode, you can now wake it up using the top playback buttons (in addition to the power button on the back).

• Two Roams in a stereo pair will now automatically rebond to each other if one of them unexpectedly disconnects from the network and then reconnects.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You present this as a general problem with the Roam. Is it a general problem of is it just your set up. And if it is you set up, can we help?