Answered

Hardwire Ports Skipping

• 16 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a client with 5 Ports, 1 Amp, 1 Roam, 2 Sound-bars all hard connected other then the Roam and 1 Sound-bar. They are also all on a static IP. The issue is they are constantly getting skipping audio with the Ports. There are also 5 network access points through out the house. My clients also only use Spotify through airplay but says it happens when through the app as well.

We’ve sent multiple reports to Sonos and they say there is wireless interference. None of the APs are on the same channel though. Should that even matter if they are all hard connected?

We go through the same steps of changing the channels and they say all is well. Then a few days later is starts again.

Help would be greatly appreciated because Tech Support repeats the same steps or tells me to get a  bridge which doesn’t make sense to me. 

icon

Best answer by John B 16 September 2022, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Are you trying to play from the Roam or your unwired soundbar when you get the skipping on the ports?

The Roam will be using your WiFi, the unwired soundbar will be using SonosNet.

You can look at your network matrix to get an idea about your SonosNet connections.

Please gently suggest to them that Airplay is a poor choice.  If they want to use the Spotify app to play to Sonos speakers they should use Spotify Connect. 

Please confirm that in About My System in the Sonos app, all the Sonos devices have WM=0, next to them (except for the Move).

For the wired devices, are they set to ‘Enable WiFi’ or ‘disable Wifi?

Are the wired devices all wired back directly to a router?  if not, what are they wired to?