Answered

Grouping has started to echo, not synced and annoying

• 2 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Lately, once before the last update and 4 times since the last update or 3 room group has had to be ungrouped and regrouped to end the terrible echoing effect. Why? What has changed recently. After more than 3 years of flawless performance, why now do we get to experience this unwelcomed effect?

What can we do?
Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 June 2018, 23:47

That really shouldn't be happening. I think you're doing the correct temporary fix by rebooting the speakers, but I'm guessing there's something that needs to be looked at by Sonos. I'd recommend that submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Another thing I'd think I'd try is starting the "inital" place that your playing music from on a different speaker, and see if that makes a difference..It might be a temporary "fix" while you deal with Sonos on the issue.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That really shouldn't be happening. I think you're doing the correct temporary fix by rebooting the speakers, but I'm guessing there's something that needs to be looked at by Sonos. I'd recommend that submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Another thing I'd think I'd try is starting the "inital" place that your playing music from on a different speaker, and see if that makes a difference..It might be a temporary "fix" while you deal with Sonos on the issue.