Question

Group play not working

• 18 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Grouping is currently not working--the first speaker in the group works and the others are silent. They show as being in the group and playing. They do not drop from the group.

I've searched previous "group play not working" threads. I'm on the newest update.

I've tried various combinations and sources. It has always worked before. The issue is not Wi-Fi related, as all my speakers are hard-wired. I can play on each of the speakers individually.

I submitted support diagnostics after replicating the issue (using my Kitchen and Living Room Sonos speakers). The confirmation number is 1144043752.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Group play is not working for me either. My family room won't group with my dining room or office speakers. Sonos says they are grouped but no sound from the family room speakers.  Family room speakers work fine ungrouped. 

I am having the same issue.  Tried units hardwired and wireless with same issue when trying to play groups.  Each of my various 8 units work individually but not when grouped.  Various combinations of lead unit produce the same result. Started after last software update this past week.  Theee is a ghost in the machine now. .  

Has anyone resolved this issue?  Just started for me this week. Please let me knwk

Group play is not working for me either. 4 Sonos 1’s and two each are set-up as a stereo. It plays on one group or the other - not on Both. 

I have the same issue, recently purchased 2 Sonos Play 5 + Sonos ONE SL

the Sonos 5‘s are paired, the ONE SL is a single unit.

Groups are visible but and can be selected however one set of speakers are silent!

not what I purchased !!!!

There’s nothing that jumps out at me as a possible reason, other than the potential that the “grouped” room’s volume isn’t up properly. Have you tried to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

i have the same issue. I have been using Sonos in the same wifi for 4 years. The problem appeared about 2 weeks ago