Question

Groove Music cutting out

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Immediately installed the Groove service.

Unfortunately Sonos keeps losing the 'groove' connection every 45-60 seconds, and skips to the next song.

Unusable right now. But i trust this will be fixed. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Groove Music now in Beta on Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

94 replies

I'm getting the same issue, don't know if its related but started happening after update of sonos speakers, the other day
Userlevel 2
Badge
I am having issues with Groove as well, although not just tracks on OneDrive.
I'm also having issues. Seems ~ 20% of tracks cut out and just skip to the next one.
I am experiencing the same problem as the others. I purchased new computer with GROOVE already installed. When I download music to ONE DRIVE from ITunes library, Groove will play about a minute and a half of the selection through Sonos and then skips to the next track. This does not happen when I play the Groove selection stand alone and not through ITunes.

From the information I am reading on here, it appears that this is an internal problem between Sonos and Groove and not with my system, correct?

Any information you can provide? Lots of folks seem to have this same problem.
Oops I meant to say "not through Sonos". Groove will play downloaded music through its entirety. This only happens when I play through Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Anyone from Sonos going to comment?
I am hitting this same issue when playing groove content through Sonos. I mostly play music pass content. When I first installed the groove extension, I never noticed this problem. It really became apparent to me a couple of weeks ago. Sonos & Microsoft, please work on a solution!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Been trying to get Microsoft on the case, they seem to suggest the problem would lie with Sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're looking into this with One Drive tracks in your Collection. If you're having trouble, can you note what format those tracks are in? We'd be happy to take a closer look at any systems experiencing this trouble. The best way is to give us a call on our support line using the contact information here. If you're not in touch with us already, I'd be happy to create a support ticket for you to start with before you call, just let me know.
Same issue for me , tracks cutting out when streamed from one drive library. Windows 10 Music app streams same files from one drive perfectly. Will play a minute or so then fail. Would be really great to have this working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue for me , tracks cutting out when streamed from one drive library. Windows 10 Music app streams same files from one drive perfectly. Will play a minute or so then fail. Would be really great to have this working.

Thanks for the details. We're taking a close look into this issue right now and will let you know when there's more to share. If you consistently have trouble, I'd recommend giving us a call and working with a technician. You can find our contact information and hours here: http://www.sonos.com/contact
Badge
Same issue. Submitted 5354591
Same issue. Answers from support are not helpful.
Submitted Diagnostic Information 5358003. Skipping happened about 1 minute before.
Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue. Submitted 5354591

Hey Wade, I replied to another thread of yours, let's troubleshoot on the other thread.

Submitted Diagnostic Information 5358003. Skipping happened about 1 minute before.
Please help!

Are you having trouble with all of Groove Music, or just the Collection section? Do you have any trouble with your local music as well or any other music source? If you're just having trouble with the Collection section, we're currently investigating trouble with that right now.
Are you having trouble with all of Groove Music, or just the Collection section? Do you have any trouble with your local music as well or any other music source? If you're just having trouble with the Collection section, we're currently investigating trouble with that right now.

Just the Collection. What are the results of your investigation?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The latest news is that the team is narrowing down exactly where the issue is coming from. We're working with Microsoft on tracking down the cause and finding a resolution. I'll let you all know when we've got this one fixed. Thanks
I have been experiencing this issue as long as Groove has been on Sonos. At first I could accept it because I figured that it was just an issue with the beta. Now that it has been more than six months, it is no longer acceptable.

Every time I have friends over to my house someone will comment that none of the songs play to the end and they ask "does it do this all of the time?" when I say yes, they say "I can't believe you can even listen to this thing." Either support Groove music or don't.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have to agree. After 7 months, I've given up on this. We all know Sonos is slow to implement anything (still waiting on a white playbar....), and they don't really want to support Windows. The Microsoft Groove team is much worse. That team must be the worst development team I've ever seen. I'd say double jeopardy in this case. This will probably never work right..... A shame.
Any update on this? Issue is easy to reproduce with any tracks coming from the OneDrive collection eventually skipping when using Groove. Songs not on OneDrive play without a problem.

Groove doesn't suffer from this issue when playing from my phone, PC or from phone/PC to a Bluetooth speaker. It's a combination of Sonos/Groove.

I appreciate that the issue has been acknowledged by Sonos and we'd love to see an update or some progress. Of course just fixing it would be fantastic.

Is there anything else we can do to help the Sonos tech team make some headway?

Diagnostic: 5539035

The latest news is that the team is narrowing down exactly where the issue is coming from. We're working with Microsoft on tracking down the cause and finding a resolution. I'll let you all know when we've got this one fixed. Thanks

I'm having trouble with both the Collection and also the Genre Radios. Some songs make it through to completion, others cut out after approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute in. Any update?
I have the same problem. Spotify, TuneIn and other services work perfectly fine.

I started reading this topic and then realized that the issue was first reported 8 months ago... This should tell everyone how high priority it is for Sonos.
My guess is that Sonos will never work right with Groove (or anything coming from Microsoft). I was hoping that after Windows 10 release the approach towards Microsoft's products at Sonos would change, but that clearly didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I think that Sonos has every right to not like Microsoft, but it is not fair to advertise its compatibility with Groove, when it's clearly not there. Skipping songs every 40 seconds does not pass the "compatibility" test in my book.
Come on guys, what's the status on this? We sent you all the diagnostics and information you need, and obviously the problem is widely present. Now it's your turn to fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Come on guys, what's the status on this? We sent you all the diagnostics and information you need, and obviously the problem is widely present. Now it's your turn to fix it.

Absolutely, we're working with Microsoft to resolve this currently. We've collected enough data at this point and are working with them to get this resolved. We'll let you know as soon as we have more details to share.

Absolutely, we're working with Microsoft to resolve this currently. We've collected enough data at this point and are working with them to get this resolved. We'll let you know as soon as we have more details to share.

Thanks Ryan,
We appreciate the effort that Sonos and Microsoft are putting in. Really looking forward to having this resolved.

Roy