Question

Groove Music cutting out

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

94 replies

I've been following this thread for sometime, but thought I'd chime in and let the SONOS team know I'm having the exact same issue. Evidently, this is a seriously difficult problem to fix!

I'm trying to be patient, but it's getting a bit ridiculous.
I am also experiencing this issue. Makes Sonos and Groove combination worthless.
Badge
Same here, only onedrive collection, drop outs after40-60sec.
Waiting patiently for a fix.

Good to hear its on its way. (I guess)
Come on guys, what's the status on this? We sent you all the diagnostics and information you need, and obviously the problem is widely present. Now it's your turn to fix it.

Absolutely, we're working with Microsoft to resolve this currently. We've collected enough data at this point and are working with them to get this resolved. We'll let you know as soon as we have more details to share.

Ryan, anything new on the fix?
Exact same issue. Highly annoying my wife, will need to move away from groove collection and Sonos combo if this looks like a long dragging item. Have issue on connect amp, play 1, 3, 5 and soundbars in my house Have removed local storage to rely on onedrive but this will be deal breaker on that front.
Still no fix on the horizon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Still no fix on the horizon?
We don't have a timeline for it yet, but we'll let everyone know as soon as it's ready to go.
Userlevel 1
Ryan - is there anything we end users can do to help drive towards a resolution?

Thanks
Hi Ryan,

Some extra info that I hope can help Sonos (I've read the whole thread and did not find anything about it).
I am also having this same issue with songs cutting off after a minute or so...

I’ve found out that tracks uploaded to One Drive at, or higher, .320kbps will stop playing/streaming as others have reported already. Uploaded songs to One drive below 320kpbs will play/stream fine on Sonos.

I've also tried playing/streaming the exact same songs through Google music and those played fine (songs uploaded to Google music were the same ones uploaded to One Drive).

I hope this can help and it gets sorted as soon as possible. Waiting more than 7 months for a fix is beyond annoying!

Thanks!
After reading kkdrummer's post i tried to figure out if it's the same behaviour with my groove/play3 combination. This is what i found:
- MP3 encoded with 320kbps cuts off somewhere between 90 to 200 seconds
- MP3 encoded somwhere between 256 kbps and 320 kbps cuts off somewhere between 90 to 200 seconds
- MP3 encoded with 256kbps no problem
- MP3 encoded with 192kbps Error Message "Connection to Groove lost" somewhere between 50 to 120 seconds
- MP3 encoded with 128kbps no problem

For each encoding i listened to 3 songs. The behaviour described occurs reliably.

Diagnostic: 6217077
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
After reading kkdrummer's post i tried to figure out if it's the same behaviour with my groove/play3 combination. This is what i found:
- MP3 encoded with 320kbps cuts off somewhere between 90 to 200 seconds
- MP3 encoded somwhere between 256 kbps and 320 kbps cuts off somewhere between 90 to 200 seconds
- MP3 encoded with 256kbps no problem
- MP3 encoded with 192kbps Error Message "Connection to Groove lost" somewhere between 50 to 120 seconds
- MP3 encoded with 128kbps no problem

For each encoding i listened to 3 songs. The behaviour described occurs reliably.

Diagnostic: 6217077

Hi RedRacoon,

It may help to adjust the wireless channel on your router as there is some interference showing up in your diagnostic report. It looks like channel 11 would be the best choice. Try that out and see if it helps.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Still same issue here. Eagerly waiting for the fix. 😞
Badge
Hi,
Just wanted to say that I am also having this issue. Playing back from Deezer, or anything else for that matter, is no problem via the Sonos system. If I play back Groove music over a browser, I have no issue. If I play back Groove music on my Windows phone, I have no issue. If I play back Groove music over the Sonos, it cuts out before reaching the end of the song. Looking in the diagnostics, it say's that the song is in an incompatible encoding format, which is strange as the song does play back, just cuts out towards the end of the track.

I can confirm that I am playing OneDrive music, not subscription based music.

Thanks
Roy
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
It's been more than a year ago, since I reported this.
Still not fixed.

Lost all hope!

Both the Groove Music team, and Sonos are supposedly in the music streaming business.
Having serious doubts about both.

This is getting ridiculous.
Badge
unbelievable
Badge
It's been more than a year ago, since I reported this.
Still not fixed.

Lost all hope!

Both the Groove Music team, and Sonos are supposedly in the music streaming business.
Having serious doubts about both.

This is getting ridiculous.

It's getting so frustrating.. I keep all my music on OneDrive (with groove), bought de expensive play 5(gen2) and now... I still can't even use it in full effect...
Yeah, can't be putting much effort into resolution of this. Can be that hard, something at MS end behaving differently to other streaming services can be many options to diagnose.
Same problem here. Have a 5, two 1s and a connect. Groove music pass and a ton of music on OneDrive -- all useless. This has been going on for a year now.

But i trust this will be fixed.

Haha don't you think the devs have something better to do than actually help their customers or just push out "new and exciting" music services?
Badge
Ey, seems to be working again after the last (beta) update? Anyone else noticed that too?
I will try it again...I've been using Google music, argh! Microsoft has updated Groove today to play that customised playlist through sonos...maybe they've put a fix in place for the streaming issue? dunno yet. I will post my feedback here later in the week.

This is the link for the update news: http://www.windowscentral.com/personalized-playlist-recommendations-come-groove-music-sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, they've been rolling out some stability improvements. So let us know how it goes. If you have any further trouble we'll still be looking into things, so just let us know.

Thanks
Just tried a couple of ways. Seems to be working now.
Will confirm tonight. 6 pieces of sonos kit to try with. Wife will be very happy if this is resolved.