Green led

• 15 February 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Today while playing TuneIn my 2 grouped play 1 turned on the Green led.
From the app music is still playing, but no sound from the speakers.
Diagnostic 8495193

Keith N 6 years ago

Hey there, camillo777. Thanks for posting! If your Sonos player is showing a blinking green LED, that means it has been reset. If the LED is solid green, it is simply muted. To read more about LED statuses, check out this helpful article.

In the event your PLAY:1 had been reset, you should be able to simply add it back to your Sonos system with no problem.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, camillo777. Thanks for posting! If your Sonos player is showing a blinking green LED, that means it has been reset. If the LED is solid green, it is simply muted. To read more about LED statuses, check out this helpful article.

In the event your PLAY:1 had been reset, you should be able to simply add it back to your Sonos system with no problem.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi thanks!
It was solid but I did not mute it.
Very strange.
Can you see from the diagnostic who or what muted it?
Android phone, Apple, manually... It coul help
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The diagnostic report shows that both players are playing but having a hard time maintaining a strong connection to the router. Neither showed they were muted. In fact, they both showed that they had the volume level of 12. Have you since been able to get the player to produce audio?
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
The diagnostic report shows that both players are playing but having a hard time maintaining a strong connection to the router. Neither showed they were muted. In fact, they both showed that they had the volume level of 12. Have you since been able to get the player to produce audio?

Yes I had to push the phisical play button on each device to play again.

But for the connection I have no problems at all.
Yes I know I live in a flat with many wifi, and video of n wifi N is problematic but it seems audio is going well.

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Glad to hear its working. It's hard to explain what exactly caused this. You may want to consider plugging one of these units into the router if at all possible. This will change how Sonos passes data and will likely create a more robust network for Sonos to work on (speaker to speaker), rather than each speaker fighting to talk to the wireless router.

If you continue to run into problems, feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help in any way I can!
Were you anywhere near either speaker when it muted? Happened to me once. I swear I just walked past one of them but I must have somehow bumped it just the right way and muted it. Had no clue what the solid green light meant either. Took 20 minutes of digging around here to find the answer.
My former cat loved the top of my speakers, since they were warm. He pressed many buttons until Sonos released the ability to turn them off, back in v6? In any case, turning off the function of them in the controller app was most appreciated by me.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Glad to hear its working. It's hard to explain what exactly caused this. You may want to consider plugging one of these units into the router if at all possible. This will change how Sonos passes data and will likely create a more robust network for Sonos to work on (speaker to speaker), rather than each speaker fighting to talk to the wireless router.

If you continue to run into problems, feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help in any way I can!

Just a question, how is it possible to mute the speakers from the app or from the physical speaker?
Do you mean "pause"?
Because the strange thing was that from my Sonos for Android application I was seeing the 2 speakers as playing.
There was no message about speakers "muted".
Thank you

Yes I had to push the phisical play button on each device to play again.

But for the connection I have no problems at all.
Yes I know I live in a flat with many wifi, and video of n wifi N is problematic but it seems audio is going well.

Thank you

Folks
Today, I looked at the community because one of my Connect:AMP's had a green solid light. Based on the answer, it was because it was muted.
Simple: I went to the app, and move the volume from the far-left to the right to turn on the volume. It solved my problem.

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just a question, how is it possible to mute the speakers from the app or from the physical speaker?
Do you mean "pause"?
Because the strange thing was that from my Sonos for Android application I was seeing the 2 speakers as playing.
There was no message about speakers "muted".
Thank you

camillo777
To mute playback on your SONOS speakers (WITHOUT pausing playback) just touch the speaker icon on the left of the volume slider in the SONOS app. From the controls on the speaker you can’t do this. You can only set volume to zero (playback would continue) or pause playback. Touching the speaker icon in the SONOS app or setting volume to zero (either with the speaker’s controls or the SONOS app) will turn the led to green. If you just stop playback the led remains white.