Question

Google Mesh and Sonos One - I am going nuts

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I really hope someone can help. I feel like I have searched and searched but still not found the answer to my problem.

I have a Sage router, but use Google Mesh WiFi at home. I can connect my Sonos One (2x) directly to my Sage router’s WiFi (which is not used) but I cannot connect it to my Google Mesh WiFi. I have tried deactivating the WiFi on my Sage router, as I read this could work. No luck. I have tried connecting Sonos and Google Mesh by ethernet. No luck. I have done a bunch of factory resets. Nothing.

My xiaomi roborock can use Google Mesh just fine. Why can’t Sonos?

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jknirk.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, is the WiFi on your router still deactivated, and are you just going to use the WiFi from the Google Mesh?

It sounds like there are 2 WiFis running on your system initially, we need to connect your Sonos system to the right network that you prefer to use.

You have two options; do Bridge Mode so that the other router will just act as a passthrough or just turn off its ability to emit WiFi.

Your Internet Service Provider can assist you with either of the two options.

Once it’s done then you can save your new WiFi information to Sonos.

Note that this process will require you to temporarily connect a Sonos speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable.

If your Sonos App already shows your home page:

Tap Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup 

To sum it up, knowing which WFfi to connect is the best way to manage your Sonos system.

You can also view the Sonos System Requirements article on our support website for more information.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.