Getting error 1002 when trying to play music

• 15 October 2013
  • 18 replies

Hello, following the recent software update, I am getting error 1002 when trying to play music?

-Simon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello,

Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this thread? I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre
Hi, I'm also getting the error 1002. I have separate playlists on my iPhone. When I try play something from my default "Purchased" playlist it works but as soon as I add the songs in this list to separate playlists and play from those in sonos I get the error. Diagnostic is 4989301

Thanks
Hi, I keep getting error 1002 as well. We have two MacBooks using Sonos and we also have frequently had issues with Sonos appearing to play something but no sound coming.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi, I keep getting error 1002 as well. We have two MacBooks using Sonos and we also have frequently had issues with Sonos appearing to play something but no sound coming.
Sounds like your Mac may be having a difficult time to communicate with the network and share data wirelessly. For test would it be possible to wire your MacBook to the router via an Ethernet cable and try again? Let us know how it goes. Also, please submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Hi, diagnostic is 5468217. Not possible to connect via Ethernet cable.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi, diagnostic is 5468217. Not possible to connect via Ethernet cable.
I have reviewed your diagnostic and due to the issue let us do the technical work with your help. We can guide you through some steps if you give us a call on our support line when you have some time to troubleshoot. Let us know how it goes.
I just had this error happen on a clean install of OS-X and the Sonos app. When I went into OS-X 10.11's (El Capitan) System Preferences --> Sharing, I saw that the Sonos application failed to set-up file sharing for my iTunes library, even though it was provided administrator authentication during adding my music library. Once I turned on file sharing and added the iTunes library folder, I added my library in the Sonos app, let it finish indexing and my music is playing. Hope this helps.
Thanks, balzanto.
I have the same problem! Error 1002, error adding songs to the cue. Both with spotify and with soundcloud. And i've tried running a diagnostic twice, it s not working..
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have the same problem! Error 1002, error adding songs to the cue. Both with spotify and with soundcloud. And i've tried running a diagnostic twice, it s not working..

Sounds like the network or Sonos communication is having a lot of trouble here. Have you tried out rebooting the wireless router and then your Sonos players? Do you know what the wireless channel on your router is right now? You can also try changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system to see if things improve.

Please let us know if you do wind up able to send in a diagnostic, that would be very helpful.
I have rebooted the router and the songs player and Ive changed the wireless channel. Still the same problem. And still no diagnostic. I will keep trying though. Any other tips?
If you have an IP address conflict it's not enough to just reboot the Sonos devices, you have to reboot everything connected to your network, Sonos and non-Sonos devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have rebooted the router and the songs player and Ive changed the wireless channel. Still the same problem. And still no diagnostic. I will keep trying though. Any other tips?

Hi Sjlbroens,

Due to the nature of this issue it would be best to continue working with our phone team to get this sorted out. I've created a support ticket for you: 160818-002079. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number here.
Another possible case of error 1002 I think, I thought the error I got was 10002 but I might be wrong. Anyway I tried to load an album, it loaded and played ok, just had the pop up error message.
I sent the diagnostics at the time, 6465414, I hope this helps.
Badge +1
Hi Martin_114,

Thanks for your feedback.
Diagnostic shows that Sonos had some trouble reaching your music library at some point.
Should you experience playback issues with it, I would recommend to give us a call so that we can check if the sharing preferences on your PC and/or your firewall settings need to be adjusted.
Thanks Balzanto - I too had the same so I manually changed the share info to read/write & now it found it & is indexing. I have 27k songs so badly needed this to work. So the Sonos app does not do anything even though it asks for the password. So I went to Finder>Music>Itunes & then right clicked & selected "Get info" . At the bottom you can change the share. I had to reboot to get the Sonos app to see the change. ITS ALL WORKING NOW
BTW - This was on my IMac with El Capitan as I didnt want to use my Iphone/Ipad as the hard disk is much bigger than on these devices & as you know Apple charge for space
I had this problem - an error 1002 when trying to ply from playlists. It occurred after my Mac had updated to Sierra. The fix that worked for me was to switch off everything, router, bridge, network, computer - the lot, and switch back on again. Then, when adding my music source I copied the file ref from settings in itunes and pasted into the browsw box in Sonos and hey presto it found it rather than error 1002. Hope that helps folks.