Question

Getting encoding error using Apple Music

• 31 March 2016
  • 7 replies

After all systems running fine for a long time, and now I am getting the infamous "encoding error" JUST WITH APPLE MUSIC. All other music services are running without errors. Apple Music had been running without error even while running the beta version. I installed the live/alpha version when it came out and things were still working just fine. So this error is puzzling. I tried fixing the issue by changing my wifi channel to 6 and 11 while resetting my router (I have my Verizon router connecting to a newer Apple AirPort Extreme in bridge mode). Any assistance with solving/fixing this matter is greatly appreciated as I use Apple Music for almost all my streaming music - and wouldn't own Sonos speakers if it weren't for them adopting the service in the first place. I submitted diagnostics via the mobile app and my confirmation number is 6000022.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
After all systems running fine for a long time, and now I am getting the infamous "encoding error" JUST WITH APPLE MUSIC. All other music services are running without errors. Apple Music had been running without error even while running the beta version. I installed the live/alpha version when it came out and things were still working just fine. So this error is puzzling. I tried fixing the issue by changing my wifi channel to 6 and 11 while resetting my router (I have my Verizon router connecting to a newer Apple AirPort Extreme in bridge mode). Any assistance with solving/fixing this matter is greatly appreciated as I use Apple Music for almost all my streaming music - and wouldn't own Sonos speakers if it weren't for them adopting the service in the first place. I submitted diagnostics via the mobile app and my confirmation number is 6000022.

Hi Dekin,

We are currently investigating this issue. Here's a support ticket: 160331-001948. Please reach out to our phone team and reference your ticket number. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Hi I am currently getting the same error and it's only when using Apple Music as well. I performed the new iOS update on my phone and thought that may have caused it but it also happens when I use my iPad which has the old update. Pandora and Tune in works fine. I sent a diagnostic ticket this morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi I am currently getting the same error and it's only when using Apple Music as well. I performed the new iOS update on my phone and thought that may have caused it but it also happens when I use my iPad which has the old update. Pandora and Tune in works fine. I sent a diagnostic ticket this morning.

Hi Juan8011,

I've created a support ticket for you: 160331-001970. Please reach out to our phone team for assistance with this issue. You can find our phone number here.
Hi,
I am getting the same error since Sonos Controller was updated few days ago. Apple Music is unusable. No need to create a ticket, I already have the 160331-000350 with several diagnostics sent to the technical support team.
I hope Sonos can solve this issue soon.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi,
I am getting the same error since Sonos Controller was updated few days ago. Apple Music is unusable. No need to create a ticket, I already have the 160331-000350 with several diagnostics sent to the technical support team.
I hope Sonos can solve this issue soon.

Hi Ahcpower, we are aware of the problem with Apple Music at the moment. We are hard at work to get this resolved.
See you already have a ticket number, you'll be notified by email once resolved. You can also, follow this thread: Tracks skipping on Apple Music
Thanks for the heads up! I tried it this morning before work and it was working correctly. No skipping on both Pandora nor Apple Music. I hope you is fixed for you as well. Thanks.
Thanks for the heads up! I tried it this morning before work and it was working correctly. No skipping on both Pandora nor Apple Music. I hope it's fixed for you as well. Thanks.