Answered

Gen 2 Sub low vibrating hum

Badge +2

Good morning.  I’ve tried everything I can think of to figure out how to get my sub to stop the occasional  vibrating, screechy, hum sound.  Mostly noticed with television, low volume levels.  I put acoustic foam underneath thinking it has been shaking a wooden cabinet, but I don’t think that’s it.  Any suggestions?  Lot to spend for a sub that puts out an annoying sound. 

icon

Best answer by buzz 15 June 2022, 14:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If the noise level does not track the Volume control, SUB must own it. I would take this up with SONOS support.

Badge +2

Not sure what that means exactly.  I have the sub paired with a Beam.  Both connect to the tv.  The beam bass is set to zero.  The sub is a 5 or 6.  But I get the occasional screechy, rattle sound from the sub during certain scenes.  I thought at first it was vibrating the cabinet, so I purchased acoustic foam to put beneath the sub.  No avail.  

It is possible that something in SUB’s power supply is vibrating at a frequency that you can hear. If this is the case, you’ll be able to hear this noise while the system Volume is zero or the system is in Mute. If the noise is louder at higher Volume control settings, even during silent intervals in the program you are viewing, then another component is injecting the noise, not SUB.