Answered

Gen 1 Connect:Amp - Turntable, subwoofer and speakers

• 15 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I am having trouble with my subwoofer output. I am connected in the following way.  I do not see amp settings in the Sonos app either. I also tried to connect the single RCA cable between amp and subwoofer with no success. I do get sound to the bookshelf speakers but no sub.

Turntable -to- connect AMP with RCA cables

Connect AMP -to- subwoofer input (wired)

Subwoofer -to- Output to small bookshelf speakers (wired)

Please help I am new to setup and may have it totally wrong.

Subwoofer is a Orb super eight

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 January 2022, 01:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Try setting the subwoofer’s power option to ON, rather than AUTO.

Don’t rule out a hardware fault in the subwoofer.

It is possible the sub has a malfunction.

Here is the manual.

https://www.manualslib.com/download/796626/Orb-Audio-High-Fidelity-Speaker-System.html

Yeah that was the only way I could get it to originally work with always on. Starting to think something failed on the subwoofer side.

Does the turntable have a built in pre-amp? Are you having trouble with only the subwoofer, or all speakers?

Yes it has a built-in pre amp.

I am only having trouble with the sub.

I tried to connect it directly to the Sonos connect amp via the single RCA but nothing worked so I connected the wires from the amp to the sub input and then out from the sub to the bookshelf. It worked for a little while but now nothing.

Is there a better way to connect?

I’d have stuck with your first setup, honestly, as that’s the way it should be working properly. At this point, there may be a fault with the Sonos CONNECT:AMP, so I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I can’t find anything on the Orb Super 8, do you have a link to the manual?