Answered

Gen 1 Connect:Amp - Turntable, subwoofer and speakers

• 15 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I am having trouble with my subwoofer output. I am connected in the following way.  I do not see amp settings in the Sonos app either. I also tried to connect the single RCA cable between amp and subwoofer with no success. I do get sound to the bookshelf speakers but no sub.

Turntable -to- connect AMP with RCA cables

Connect AMP -to- subwoofer input (wired)

Subwoofer -to- Output to small bookshelf speakers (wired)

Please help I am new to setup and may have it totally wrong.

Subwoofer is a Orb super eight

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 January 2022, 01:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Does the turntable have a built in pre-amp? Are you having trouble with only the subwoofer, or all speakers?

Yes it has a built-in pre amp.

I am only having trouble with the sub.

I tried to connect it directly to the Sonos connect amp via the single RCA but nothing worked so I connected the wires from the amp to the sub input and then out from the sub to the bookshelf. It worked for a little while but now nothing.

Is there a better way to connect?

I’d have stuck with your first setup, honestly, as that’s the way it should be working properly. At this point, there may be a fault with the Sonos CONNECT:AMP, so I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Don’t rule out a hardware fault in the subwoofer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I can’t find anything on the Orb Super 8, do you have a link to the manual?

It is possible the sub has a malfunction.

Here is the manual.

https://www.manualslib.com/download/796626/Orb-Audio-High-Fidelity-Speaker-System.html

Try setting the subwoofer’s power option to ON, rather than AUTO.

Yeah that was the only way I could get it to originally work with always on. Starting to think something failed on the subwoofer side.