Full Volume Turned Up While Away

• 9 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello. The volume on my Sonos Play1 speaker turned up to full volume by itself while no one was home. It was connected to Spotify at the time, but neither my Spotify nor Sonos app was open, and no one aside from me has access to the speaker. The sound was so loud that my neighbors called police. How do I ensure this doesn't happen again? Is Sonos working on any future functionality that can lock the volume or notify users when the volume changes?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That's a shame, sorry for the trouble. The only way the volume can turn up is via the button being pressed, or an app sending the command over. If your Spotify app was still connected, even if off wifi, it might still do this. You can prevent that possibility by disconnecting your Spotify app by playing a different source of music to the player.

The button press could be caused by a pet, and if that happens, you could turn off the buttons if you wanted. That is under Settings > Room Settings.