Answered

Frequent system dropouts

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Just moved house and we’re having terrible issues with the Sonos system dropping in and out all the time. Key culprits seem to be our original Play:1 devices. 

Set-up using SonosNet:

• Play:3 stereo pair - Living Room
  • Beam - Living Room
  • Sonos One Gen2 - Bedroom
  • Sonos One - Kitchen
  • Play:1 - Office
  • Play:1 - Hallway

Diagnostic ID: 1517449543

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 April 2021, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Which Sonos controller are you using...S1 or S2? In your case it should be S1 which is the black Sonos icon.

Badge +1

Using the S2 controller - All the support guidance notes that my Play:1s and Play:3’s are S2 compatible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The local WiFi channels may be busier than your old ones, you could try moving SonosNet to one of the other two channels, 1, 6 or 11 and see if things get better.

cjbutterworth,

Just to add, the S2 App is fine to use and in addition to trying a different SonosNet channel in the S2 App I would also ensure you set your Router to use a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4Ghz channel too 1, 6 or 11 - just not the same channel that you choose for SonosNet. They need to be different channels and to reduce interference also do these two things if possible:

1. Set your routers 2.4Ghz band to use a channel-width of 20MHz only if you are able to do that in your routers configuration pages.
  2. Ensure your wired Sonos device connected to your router is at least 3 feet away from the router or a little further if possible. 

Doing those things will help reduce Wireless interference.

I also suggest checking out these two ‘hopefully’ helpful links too:

1. WiFi Interference
  2. Wireless Interference Video: Wireless Interference and Sonos