Question

Frequent lost ipad connection AND unable to fast forward podcast! Please help.

• 3 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
I love falling asleep to various podcasts nightly played on my Sonos in the bedroom. Unfortunately, podcasts often stop abruptly after 5-20min (I tried changing over to 2.4G WiFi network instead of 5G) but the most annoying part is that I'm unable to use the fast forward controls to continue where I left off.
I've tried deleting and redownloading the podcast but it doesn't help.
Most of the time, the fast forward podcast controls are present but the timing and controls aren't available after the pod cast stops suddenly.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I love falling asleep to various podcasts nightly played on my Sonos in the bedroom. Unfortunately, podcasts often stop abruptly after 5-20min (I tried changing over to 2.4G WiFi network instead of 5G) but the most annoying part is that I'm unable to use the fast forward controls to continue where I left off.
I've tried deleting and redownloading the podcast but it doesn't help.
Most of the time, the fast forward podcast controls are present but the timing and controls aren't available after the pod cast stops suddenly.
Any suggestions?

Hi, welcome to the community.

This is odd. Sounds like the iPad is losing connection and leads to the podcasts being streamed to the Sonos to stop.
But what is also, odd is the audio controls to be able to fast forward is missing.

Would it be able to test this with a different device (iPhone or other?)

Also, when this happens can you submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic.